A Totally Independent Choice for Card Pricing, Hobby News, Buying & Selling, and more
SportsLizard is an independent cards and collectibles website dedicated to giving you free access to valuable information and tools that enhance your collecting experience. Our Price Guide Tool, Collector's Voice, Selling platform, and other offereings were created by collectors with other collectors in mind.
- Independent - we're not in bed with the card companies. We don't accept loaded boxes for box breaks, and we don't accept their ads. In turn, we don't artificially inflate the value of their products, nor do we push their products on you. We've been around since 2004 and we haven't partnered with any price guides or any card manufacturers and we don't plan on doing so anytime soon.
- Transparent – want to know how we make money? Sure, we're happy to tell you. We make money on premium Price Guide subscriptions, eBay advertisements, and other partnerships (such as exclusive coupons for our members). Everything is disclosed and completely out in the open. You'll never wonder if we're advising you to buy a card because the manufacturer is slipping us free product behind the scenes. Try getting a print price guide company to tell you that!
- Objective – since we're independent and transparent, you won't be questioning our motives. Besides, we always give you everything you need to decide for yourself - we don't just give you a price or a fact without backing it up with hard evidence. We let you see how your Price Guide prices are determined. All of our writers always link to relevant sources. You're never left in the dark.
- Simple - web savvy or brand new to the net, young or old, new collector or experienced collector. We developed our site so that everyone will be able to find value in our offerings without being confused or frustrated. PLEASE contact us if you don't agree – we want to make sure you can always find what you're looking for.
- Current – our Price Guide Tool scans the web for what's on sale the second you execute a search. Our Collector's Voice connects users to the latest articles published every single day. Try finding that in a print magazine. Besides, you'll be environmentally friendly by saving all of that paper and transportation cost to deliver your magazine (ok, so maybe that's a bit of a stretch...).
We encourage you to contact us with questions, feedback, suggestions for improvement, or any other reason. We promise you'll get a real reply, from a real person who really cares, usually in less than a day (even on weekends).